Memorize Together (10-15 minutes)
During this series we are memorizing Hebrews 10:19-25. Pair up with someone in your group and split the verses up among the pairs. Each pair rewrite your assigned verse in a paraphrase that makes the most sense to you. Then read your paraphrases to the group and explain why you wrote yours the way you did.
Ice Breaker (10 Minutes)
1. If you had to put your trust in someone in the group for the following situations who would it be?
a. You’re about to make a huge financial move
b. You’re hanging from a cliff and about to fall
c. You’re having a relationship crisis
d. Someone to do your laundry
e. Someone else is going to make every meal for you
f. Someone is going to make your schedule for everyday and you have to follow it
Diving In (25 Minutes)
2. Read Mark 8:14-21. Jesus is going to challenge 2 primary forces of influence and places of trust in their culture. Discuss these 2 and how they had influence over the people in Jesus day how they creep in and have influence in our lives as well.
a. Pharisees- Religion- is man’s effort to reach God. Instead God’s wants relationship, which is God’s effort to reach man through sending Jesus.
b. Harod- Government. How does Jesus’ government differ? Is 9:6-7
3. Jesus book ends the conversation by pointing out His kingdom realities by talking about the multiplication of bread for both the 5000 and 4000. What’s His point?
4. If Jesus were to come to us today and warn us to beware of the yeast of…fill in the blank, who/what else might he add to that list?
5. For yourself personally where do you need to make a trade of trust, from something in the world to Him and His world?
Powerpoint Slides Click HERE